Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Journal Pages

Here are a couple of pages from one of my journals. This one was inspired after watching JournalArtista a couple of weeks ago on Ustream. Take a look at her streams, she has amazing skills. This week she played with stencils, a favorite of mine! and lots and lots of paint layers complete with the use of baby wipes.
The right page features a transfer using sticky-back vinyl.


More paint layers, tissue, a spritz board, vintage image from a 1920's magazine.

Please click on image for an enlarged view

3 comments:

Ruby's Girl said...

Daphne these are lovely pages! I wish you lived closer and we could have some play dates together. Your art always inspires me but it would be more fun if and I were at the same table with our tea (or wine) cutting and glueing away. I gotta get working on my journal that I did the cover page for last year. I will study these pages of yours and see what I can do. Thanks for posting your artwork.
Judy

Lindart said...

Love these pages Daphne! I like watching those videos too, and I love stencils, but I can never seem to find the really cool ones! The pin-pup girl is awesome too! Love the colours you chose!

bradchaelaleslie said...

Love your art, Daphne! I am trying to draw faces too......I have never drawn anything, but these art journal journeys are taking me places I would never have dreamed I'd go -I look froward to your next post.....Becky http://spillingmyheart27.blogspot.com/