Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

GPP Street Team Crusade #21

I went to previous Crusades, and am finding quite a few that I would like to try. Here is the "Irresistable - Wax rubbings" challenge...my version of it. I used the Anaglypta Wallpaper which is textured paintable wallpaper as my 'stencil' for rubbing. The papers are gorgeous, more than my pictures show. I used 8 different patterns on lightweight columnar pad, light fabric paints, and of course crayons. Easy peasy backgrounds. Give it a try.



Here is a scan of the right page - cannot seem to get a good image at all...sigh. Click on the pics for a larger image - it does help!

Please click on image for an enlarged view

7 comments:

claudine said...

love these colours soft and full of light !!!

Ruby's Girl said...

Oh I like what you have been creating lately Daphne. I would love to try the wax paper resist too and may try that this weekend. Lovely colours you are using and well just love your artwork. It is inspiring!
Judy

K Andrew said...

I'm SEW in love with your blog--these rubbed pages are fantastic! Just joined up to follow your blog, and I'd love it if you might return the favor.
Your altered book pages are amazing--I'm assuming you are in ISABA?

Lizbethem said...

Super background, Daphne! That wallpaper is great. Wish I had some.

Vale said...

And yet another lovely piece with a great background, and flowers, love it Daphne! Just looking at your blog tonight has me inspired to play for a while, thank you! Obviously, I am feeling far better than I was over the weekend, thank goodness.
Hugs from Vale again! :D

michelle ward said...

Daphne - bravo for digging up an old crusade and giving it a try! Rubbing anaglypta is one of my faves! Glad you enjoyed it - lookin' good! Thanks for sharing!

fabricfan said...

Beautiful backgrounds for your work. Just lovely.