Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Bejewelled Cover Instructions

I have had some inquiries about my Bejeweled book cover. Here is what I did:
The book I am altering has an old-fashioned cloth over bookboard cover. I painted the front cover with Golden’s Crackle Paste and left to dry. I then spritzed with water, and dropped a variety of Golden’s fluid acrylic onto it, brushing here and there to blend. When dry I spritzed again and put down some more colours. I then dribbled Golden’s Clear Tar Gel around the perimeter of the cover, let dry, then rubbed more paints on it with a sponge. I highlighted some areas with metallic rub-on creams.
The ‘jewels’ are curtain tiebacks.
Thanks so much for your interest, and the lovely comments you sent me.

5 comments:

Cinimom said...

I too LOVED your bejewelled book cover. Thank you so much for sharing your technique. I really want to try this.

Carolyn Abramofsky said...

It is a beautiful piece. thanks for sharing.

Susie Jefferson said...

It's lovely! The large crackles are wonderful, thanks for sharing how you did it.

Cyndi L said...

That is totally gorgeous, Daphne!

Art Tart on a Farm said...

What a stunning cover.....thank you for sharing