A few days ago I had the urge to sew a small purse - When I need to do a quick bit of shopping I don't like to take a huge purse/bag filled with...``````~~~~~~ So I picked out three ties, and went to the design table. This is what I came up with.
The strap is webbing that I colored with alcohol inks in the same colors as the bag, but it did not photograph very well.
Bag size is 8"x6"x1.5"
This is my Sunday play time. I made this little canvas after watching a video on Splitcoast Stampers.
I used one of the flowers in the previous post.
I will be framing this lil canvas...I just had to post it! It was such fun to make.
I was playing today and made a few flowers using different techniques.
The first flower is made from various sizes of paper purchased flowers. I put a brad in the centre, crumpled the flower petals, opened them up, and sprayed with mists.
Second flower is made with canvas cloth. It is not as easy to make, but I do love the look of it.
The third flower is make with a soft kraft paper - I cut out 10 circles with a decorative scissors, all the same shape. Did the same crumpling etc as with the first flower. It is more vibrant IRL. I really enjoyed making these little gems, and will be using them as accents.
This is my last spread in Terry's Journal, a Roman theme. I did all of the May pages.
The pages have a variety of napkins, the area around the man's image has textured paints, beeswax and water-soluble crayons. The bricks are made by drawing rectangles on kraft paper, using distress inks, crumpling up, and spritzing with water.
Please click on image for an enlarged view