Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

RUNABOUT BAG

A few days ago I had the urge to sew a small purse - When I need to do a quick bit of shopping I don't like to take a huge purse/bag filled with...``````~~~~~~ So I picked out three ties, and went to the design table. This is what I came up with.
The strap is webbing that I colored with alcohol inks in the same colors as the bag, but it did not photograph very well.
Bag size is 8"x6"x1.5"



The Front

The Back

Please click on image for an enlarged view

8 comments:

Ruby's Girl said...

Daphne you have been busy! I like what you have been up to!! And then you sew a bag! You are so talented. Hope you and yours are well and Tennis is on so you must be happy!!!! Lovely art my friend!
Judy

Lindart said...

You've been doing a lot of playing! What fun! The bag is very cute. I once made a bag from old jeans and used a tie for the strap!

Yogi said...

nice use of the ties. BIG GRIN

Your other posts have some very n ice work

Leslie Anderson said...

Adorable!!!

Jan said...

Interesting use of the ties, this looks like a fun bag. I had to peek at many of your past posts, you are doing some real interesting work, I want to go back and look some more. You stay very busy with your art! Good work! I got here from the MMArtfriends group.

Elizabeth in NM said...

That is a great bag. I bet you are going to get lots of compliments when you wear it out on the town!

okanagan_spirit said...

The tie bag is a wonderful idea, great work Daphne. I checked out some of your other art and all is lovely, I especiall liked the book bag.

Elizabeth Golden said...

what a great way to repurpose ties. I have a huge bag of them I often dream of making a quilt with. Now I am thinking I could spare a few to make a bag with. This is a great idea. I love the way you used the dots and stripes. You are so clever, thank you for sharing.