Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FARM MUSIC



This quiltie was made with the starting block of a piece of fabric I was using for wiping/cleaning my paint brushes. Then I started stenciling on the top and bottom of it with stencil paint. Next I spread wall compound on areas of the fabric, squiggle-combed it, and when dry I put down a variety of Golden paints. I rewet with water, then put more colours down. The rooster is a paper serviette (1 ply). The doors and windows are game tiles that I pounced alcohol inks onto. Then lace, trims, and jewelry finding. Size 11 x 11 inches.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love this. Pieces that have paint left on them are the best. For some reason, you just can't get that same look any other way. Love the rooster, too, and those game tiles are a great addition.