Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

DashAbout Upholstery fabric Bag

Here is another of my folded bags.....I used upholstery material for this one, and a long zipper (one that I knew I would never use in a garment!) for the bag strap. I like to wear this bag messenger style - no falling off the shoulders.
I fold these bags to result in two compartments, with an additional pocket on the side to access without opening the purse (I put my notebook and pen in there).
The organza trim is a neat 2-inch piece with metals, sequins, and beads.
I made the shabby flower with cotton, and pleated the same fabric for the frill under the lace trim.
These are quick enough to make just when I get tired of the previous bag!




Please click on image for an enlarged view

1 comment:

Coleen said...

I love this. It's just beautiful. You are good with the sewing machine.

Coleen